Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"Baptism sounds really nice!"

April 21, 2014
Dear everyone!

I hope you all had a good Easter! On St. Patrick's Day, I had to explain to my companion what a leprechaun is. This past Easter, I had to explain what the Easter Bunny is. Goodness gracious. Mother's Day is next. Glad I don't have to explain that one! :)

This week went by so quickly. Sister Yum and I have been really busy, and we've been able to make a lot of appointments recently. We're actually over two areas, and we've recently found a few investigators in the other area, so the commute's kept us pretty strapped for time, which is GREAT. Busy missionaries are happy missionaries. We've been able to visit a lot of members recently too, and I'm so grateful for our members. I love them so much, and I'm so glad I've been able to spend 4 transfers with them. Every time we visit a family, we ask them how they've been able to share the gospel recently, and our members are doing wonderfully. We couldn't be seeing as much success or as many miracles as we do here without them. They strengthen our recent converts, help us contact less actives, and befriend our investigators all while just sharing on their own. I love them so much!

This past week, we were finally able to meet Sister Lee! (The one a while back who had a baby...) We hadn't been able to meet her since she had her baby, but we met her last week and it was awesome.  When we first saw her, I almost didn't recognize her! She looked so different! But I guess that's what happens when you have a baby. :) Anyways, she still has the desire to get baptized, and she still feels really good about the gospel. We just have to help her get to church! She's so amazing. I love her a lot.

We also met Jin this week. She's my new English speaking friend. :) She only speaks English to me, and she's really good. She met the missionaries years ago and her number had been in our phone when she randomly called us a couple weeks ago. She said she wanted to meet, and she wanted to study the Bible and the Book of Mormon (!!!) in English with us. She had both in Korean, but she wanted to study with us to understand more. We read Matthew 3 together for our first meeting, and she had no idea what baptism was or what repentance was. We explained, and she said, "Baptism sounds really nice! I want to be clean like that. That's something I'd like to do someday." Needless to say, Sister Yum and I were both pretty excited. She still has a ways to go, but we already met her twice last week, and it looks like we're going to be meeting on a weekly basis. I'm really excited. Jin is such a sweetheart, and I already love her.

I'm so grateful to be a missionary. There's seriously nothing that can make you happier. I know this is Heavenly Father's work, and I know He lives.

I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Bonney

Here's a picture from a while back at a Buddhist temple we went to. Selfie with Buddha! ;)