Sunday, March 9, 2014

I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 10, 2014

Dear everyone!!!!!

Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness! OH MY GOODNESS!!! Some incredible miracles have happened in Gumi these past few days.

Okay. In our mission, we have been focusing on using the Book of Mormon and especially how it answers the questions of the soul ("Is there a God?" "How can my family be happy and more united?" "Does God know me?"  "How can a belief in Jesus Christ benefit me?" and other questions like that...). 

On another note, in Gumi, there are not that many people EXCEPT in shinae, the market area by Gumi's train station. We do a lot of proselyting there because there are people to proselyte to. We especially do street boarding. We have a big board with options on it, and ask people, "Would you like to attach a sticker?" (It's natural in Korean...) and then they put the sticker on the option of their choice. Usually we do it about English classes or more general subjects like family or personal interests, and then try to give them pamphlets about what they're interested in. It's really successful for getting contacts, but Sister Park and I felt something was missing. We prayed and felt we needed to find a way to testify when we street boarded. Great! Now how do we do that?

We started working with the Gumi elders to come up with plans for street boarding about the Book of Mormon. We talked to missionaries in other areas and got a few ideas. We combined a few, added our own ideas, and tried it out: We got a big street board and put four questions of the soul (the four I listed above actually..). We then made a survey asking people which question they chose, if they think they can find the answer, and how they think the answer would bless their life. Then (on the survey) we ask for their name and number as well as a referral. Then we give them a Book of Mormon and are able to testify about the Book of Mormon.

We printed off a bunch of surveys, wrote our numbers in a bunch of copies of the Book of Mormon, and all four of us headed down to shinae. 

Our first night, we had to give up after 1hr-1/2 because we ran out of materials so quickly. The second night, we had to give up after an hour because we ran out of materials again. In two days, we gave away 46 copies of the Book of Mormon and received 42 contacts and referrals. The second night, we passed out 20 copies of the Book of Mormon in the first 20 minutes we were working. It was one of the most powerful experiences of my entire mission. People were coming to us asking, "Can I put more than one sticker on the board?" and then they'd put a sticker on all four totally serious! Sister Park is a boss, and she was testifying to the masses while the elders and I passed out surveys, pens, and copies of the Book of Mormon. There was so much light in the faces of those we were able to talk to, and I've never been so excited to be a missionary for the Living God! What a privilege! I've never been happier on my mission. This work is real! I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK!!!!!!!!!

I know this work is REAL! I know God LIVES! I know He loves His children-- US! This gospel is true! Elder L. Tom Perry said to a group of missionaries, "We have the greatest message in the world! You should jump out of bed every morning ready to set the world on fire!" This IS the greatest message in the world, and we ARE setting the world on fire one Book of Mormon at a time. I couldn't be more excited or grateful to be a missionary! I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK!!!!!!!!

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Bonney