Saturday, August 3, 2013

Basically just having the time of my life... ^.^

July 30, 2013

Hello!!!!
I'M IN KOREA AND IT'S AMAZING AND I LOVE IT AND I'M TOTALLY NOT BEING SARCASTIC AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! Our travel group flew in last night and we've all arrived safely. There were several miracles that helped us get through safely, and I know the Lord was watching over us.
President Gilbert and Sister Gilbert are the BEST. Sister Gilbert has already made my list of favorite people in the entire world, and we've only met a couple times. ^.^ I'm so excited to be able to get to know them better and to serve with them!
I'm honestly doing INCREDIBLY well. I'm not tired, I'm not drowning in sweat (yet), and I'm not scared out of my mind. I forgot how much I love coming to new countries, and I know it's helping me. Just that our family has done this before has made the transition so easy for me. I kind of feel bad for some of the others because many of them hadn't been out of the country before, and they're exhuasted, literally getting sick from the humidity, and VERY overwhelmed with the whole experience. I hope I can be a strength to them.
This afternoon we're going to street contact in Busan!!!!!!!!!! So excited. Definitely going to feel stupid for about 100% of it, but that's okay! ^.^ We're also going to the biggest fish market in Korea and we're going to try some really awesome (and possibly very fresh as in just killed but still moving octopus which is actually a delicacy...) seafood. SO STOKED.
I don't know my new companion or my new area yet, but I am so ready to get to work. And I really just want to speak Korean. We haven't gotten any opportunity to speak to Koreans yet, but I'm dying to talk to them! I know it will be hard, but this is what I've come to do.
 I love the Korean people so much, and I can't wait to serve them. They are so kind and SO CUTE! And there are so many of them! You thought you saw the Asian Invasion when you went to the Grand Canyon that one time; come to their side of the world. ^.^
I love you all so much!!!! The Church is true and the work is going forth!!!!!
Love,
Sister Bonney