Friday, March 7, 2014

January 20, 2014
Dear everyone!

Not too much exciting stuff on this end! Sister Park and I are trucking along in Gumi! The weather's cold, but our hearts are warm, and that just sounds cheesy, but it's true!

Brother Choi update! Bro. Choi got the Aaronic priesthood last Sunday! We are so happy for him. Jiwon and a little boy in primary like each other. ;) He brings her yogurt drinks which they share during our children's English class. SO cute. Bro. Choi and Jiwon are such amazing members already! I can't imagine Gumi ward without them.

Since the baptism, Sister Park and I haven't had any investigators. Sounds familiar.... But that gives us the opportunity to find! Which I'm actually growing to love and appreciate more and more as time goes by. We've seen SO many miracles as we've looked for those ready to hear the gospel. We've been able to find old investigators who met with missionaries 2-3 years ago and make appointments with them! People who just talked to missionaries on the street years ago said they'd be willing to meet with us now! Today, a woman walked up to us in Daegu, NOT EVEN OUR AREA, and said she lived in Gumi and she was trying to contact us, but she gave up a few months ago because we never answered our phone. Well, we got her number, and we're going to work with her again! This week, we also did a lot of street boarding with the elders. We talked to everyone we could, and together, we found 68 potential investigators. We DEFINITELY said a grateful prayer after counting those. We are SO grateful for how much Heavenly Father has been helping us in our efforts to find those people ready and willing to hear the message of the restored gospel.

I'm so grateful to be on a mission and to be able to serve as a missionary! Heavenly Father is so mindful of all His children, and I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for that truth. I know He lives! I know He loves and understands us perfectly. I know that when we pray, He hears us. He is our father and we are His children.

I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Bonney