Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Returned from the northlands....

May 19, 2014
Dear everyone!!!!

Guess what. I got transfered!!! After 6 months way up north 
​in Gumi, I'm right back in Busan. And what's even cooler is I'm right next door to my first area and right next door to the mission home. It's the same district I was in my first three transfers actually! All I've got to say is, it's good to be back. :)

My new companion is Sister Yoon. She's Korean, and FABULOUS. I'm so glad we're companions. We've only been together a few hours and we're already having a blast together. She's a great example of obedience and positivity, and she's so loving. We speak only Korean, but that doesn't bother me at all anymore. How's that for progress. :) It's going to be a good transfer. I'm really excited, actually.

Yesterday was my last Sunday in Gumi, and, as a missionary, you never really realize how much you're loved until you're leaving. After spending 6 months with the members there, getting to know and love them, helping them as best we could, and just being able to be with them, it was hard to leave. And the members in Gumi gave me more love than I could ever return. Because they were so naturally willing to serve and to love me, Heavenly Father answered so many of my prayers through them. Whenever I was having a rough time or felt lonely or just felt like I was too weak or imperfect, the members, through their unconditional love, just made it all worth it. I never could have believed that I could love these people this much or that I could recieve so much love. Language, culture, country - None of it matters at all. As cheesy as it sounds, love really conquers all.

As much as I loved and will always love Gumi, I'm grateful for a fresh start. When I started in Gumi, I had just finished my training and was still finding my way around missionary work. I'm now in my 8th transfer and I feel confident with the language. Busan people have a strong dialect, but I can understand it know! 6 months does a lot for language progress... I'm ready to get working wither Sister Yoon and we're getting ready to see some miracles. It's going to be a really good transfer. :)

I love you all! I know this work is real. I love my Heavenly Father and I know He lives. He loves us more than we will ever understand in this life, and I'm so grateful for Him and how much He manifests that love to us in countless ways every single day of our lives. I know this gospel is true, and I know that through this gospel, through JESUS CHRIST we can be happier than we could ever imagine. I'm so grateful for the PRIVILEGE of sharing that with everyone I can. This is the greatest work on earth, and I'm so grateful to be a part of it.

I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Bonney


This picture from my last Sunday in Gumi! Our young men, single adults, Sister Kim (who was baptized last month), Sister Yum, and me. <3 <3

Just another picture:) Us with our young men/single adults