Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Flooding in Bangeojin...

Dear everyone!!!                                                                                                                  August 18, 2014

Oh my goodness! If anyone decides to send a care package in the next few days, make sure you send some floaties and a pair of flippers cause the "rainy season" is in full swing. Oh my gosh. The streets are FULL of water and I gave up on trying to stay dry. haha

And... the news I'm sure you all were waiting for.... my new companion is here! Her name is Sister Hurley and she got to Korea on Wednesday. She's fantastic and we're getting along great. She really driven to learn the language and she's obedient and loves working hard, which I appreciate a lot. We SYL a lot, and she's already FANTASTIC at Korean for only having been in the country a few days.

We're seeing so many miracles, and one thing I been so blessed to realize the last few days has been how much Heavenly Father is helping us do this work. When I heard I was going to be training, I was really excited. But at the same time I was terrified because I honestly didn't think I could handle the work in the area. If you train, that basically means you cover the area until your companion learns how to help you. It was stressing me out really badly. I was really doubting if we'd be able to still help all the people who need help here, but Heavenly Father is helping us so much. Especially on Sunday, I saw so many instances where Heavenly Father made up for our shortcomings. He helped me remember those people we needed to talk to, socialize well with the members, coordinate with the branch leaders effectively, plan with the Spirit, speak and understand everything I needed to, while all at the same time helping Sister Hurley in all the ways she needed help on her first Sunday in Korea. I know that the Lord helped us so much and IS helping us. It's a really humbling thing, and I'm so grateful to be able to experience that. The Lord truly loves the people here, and I'm so deeply grateful that He's serving here with us. It's truly a blessing to be a missionary.

I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Bonney