Sunday, September 1, 2013

Faith + Diligence + Obedience = Miracles

September 2, 2013
Dear everyone!

It's hard to believe that after this week, I'll be in my second transfer! Although most days its feel like I can't remember a time before I got to Korea, the time is going so fast. This week especially just flew by.

Also, it's worth mentioning that this week, I discovered bubble tea. Yeah. It's the best thing ever. It's like this fruit smoothie/slushy thing with sweet round rice cakes at the bottom, and it's amazing. And I attached a picture of this unforgettable moment in my life.

For a while, our area's progress has been pretty slow. Getting contacts is difficult, and most people only want to talk to us because I'm an American and that's apparently pretty awesome in Korea. But this week, we got 18 contacts. We worked really hard, and it helped that I can 전도/street contact in Korean by myself now. And some of those contacts are really eager to meet with us. In the past few weeks, we've had maybe 2 lessons total, but this coming week, we have at least three. That's a miracle.

When I was doing my personal scripture study this week, I came across something I had written in the margin of my old scriptures years ago: Missionary equation: Faith + dilligence + obedience=miracles. And I testify that it's true. Honestly, we're pretty much as powerless as can be. This is the Lord's work. These are His children. Without Him and His Spirit, we can't accomplish anything. But what we can do is exercise our faith, give Him every effort we can possibly give, and doing everything we can to obey His commandments so that we can be prepared and worthy to receive the blessings He will give us and recognize the miracles that He sends.

Everyday on my mission I've gained a stronger testimony of obedience. Heavenly Father wants nothing more than our happiness and eternal joy! "This is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" Moses 1:39 "Men are that they might have joy." 2 Nephi 2:25 and D&C 78:18 (which I don't know right now but you should read because it's powerful) and D&C 6:20 (?) "Be diligent and obedient in keeping my commandments and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love." Throughout the scriptures, there are numberless promises that we will be happy if we are obedient because WHEN we are obedient, we are worthy to receive His blessings and we will be blessed beyond anything we could imagine or provide for ourselves.

I know this gospel is true and I know that God lives. I know He loves us and I know He knows us better than we could ever imagine; He knows what we need, and He will always provide for us if we are obedient. I testify of these things. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Bonney