Monday, September 9, 2013

The Important Things

September 9, 2013
Dear family!
 
Gah! My pictures won't work this week. Sorry. :P And I don't know if I'll be able to write letters again today, BUT I'LL TRY!!!
 
First off, FIRST TRANSFER OVER!!!! And I'm in the same area with the same Sister Lee. (There are multiple Sister Lee's just to clarify. This IS Korea.)
 
Okay. I made a list of things I wanted to say:
 
First off, things are getting a little more exciting in our area! We met this girl named Carrie (her English name). She was excited to meet us, and we had an AWESOME lesson last Monday at a member's house with a recently returned sister missionary, Sister Ho. But she doesn't want to meet again. She doesn't believe us. She told us the Book of Mormon is not true and that Joseph Smith wrote it. Solid. Eventful. Whatever. LIVE without the gospel. You don't know what you're missing.
 
BUT we also met Sister Wong again this week! She's a student and SO busy. She's not just saying she is. But she wanted to meet us but couldn't because she got too busy. And then, she got on the bus we were on the way to church. And I knew so strongly that we needed to try to teach her, even if she doesn't get baptized or accept the gospel, she needs us to work with her for some reason.
 
So many other small things happened this week that are turning into big things! The work is slowly progressing, but it is going faster in our mission than ever before! Alma 37:6-7 Our mission is having more baptisms now than we've ever had in the history of the mission.
 
Also, Sister Lee and I have been getting SO strong as a companionship. There are a lot of small things that we need to change in order for our area to be exactly obedient, but we're slowly changing. One thing that has really strengthened our companionship though is me having the opportunity to teach Sister Lee. Turns out there's a LOT about the gospel she doesn't know/understand. During our companionship study and training study time she's started asking me a lot of gospel questions, and then I teach her. (Yesterday, it was the spirit world and D&C 138 <- the last few verses about missionary work in the spirit world...) And it's helping us both so much. I'm learning how to teach the gospel, incorporate scriptures to teach clearly, how to explain difficult scriptures, and how to testify as a teach, AND mostly in Korean. We don't have very many opportunities to teach investigator lessons, but the Lord has still blessed me with opportunities to learn how to teach so that when those lessons come, I will be prepared. SO grateful. And everytime I teach her, my testimony is strengthened and the Spirit testifies to us both that this is His gospel, that the Book of Mormon is true, and that this is His work. God lives!
 
I love you all!
 
Love,


Sister Bonney