Wednesday, October 23, 2013

THREE AREAS?

October 21, 2013
Dear everyone,

The last few days have been FULL of changes! First, on Thursday night, transfer calls came. And Sister Lee has already left for Kyongju. I'm staying in Geumjeong another transfer! My new companion is Sister Oh. Sister Oh is WONDERFUL! She is just about the calmest person I've ever met, and honestly, I think it might be exactly what I need. She takes everything a little bit slower. Sister Oh also speaks PERFECT fluent English. She studied at BYU-Hawaii for two years, and that has been a huge blessing for me. I loved Sister Lee with all my heart, but being able to communicate is something irreplaceable.

The last several transfers, the Geumjeong sisters (us) have been over two areas because our ward boundaries cover two areas: Geumjeong and Yangsan. Yangsan is super country and about an hour away from Geumjeong. Today, after our transfer meeting, an elder from my district came up to me and asked, "You excited to start working in Oncheon?" Oncheon is the area next to ours. The office elders and APs work in that area. We are also now over Oncheon. We have THREE areas. My mind is still blown. We are over two wards, three areas, a total of 4 English classes, and wow. I'm still reeling a little bit. Sister Oh and I will be praying a lot, but seriously, I'm so excited. It's going to be so much fun! Two wards?! Wow. So excited.

The past week, my desire and love for missionary work has grown so much. As I prepared for the new transfer and my new companion's arrival, I started looking at our investigators and members with new eyes. Since I've finished my first two transfers, I'm not "training" anymore. I'm a full-blown missionary. As that realization really sank in, I started to understand how missionaries really are God's care-takers in the areas they've been called to serve in. The people of Geumjeong, Yangsan, and now Oncheon are our responsibility, and we need to do everything in our power to understand their spiritual needs and meet them to the best of our ability. It's kind of an overwhelming thing, but I know that the Lord qualifies who He calls. If He didn't, He couldn't call us. He calls the weak and the simple because He knows they will trust Him. I know this gospel is true with all my heart. I love my Heavenly Father more than I can express. And I'm SO excited for this transfer! 

I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Bonney